The Junior Software Developer will participate in the design and implementation of software components aiming at processing and publishing data from ONC instruments and controlling these instruments or the observatory infrastructure.
The Developer reports to the Associate Director Software Engineering (Associate Director), with work assigned on a project basis or in an area of continuing responsibility, which will be reviewed for progress toward the stated objectives.
The Junior Developer will have a college diploma in computer science and a minimum of 1 year of development experience.
- Proven ability to write design, build, test and debug software
- Experience in object–oriented design and implementation
- Relational database management systems such as Oracle or MySQL
- Software lifecycle and Agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Web services and service-oriented architectures
Highly desired assets:
- Familiarity with the Eclipse development environment and with tools such as Velocity and Hibernate as would be some knowledge of the messaging system
- UNIX skills
- Bash or other scripting language
- Experience installing and configuring software packages
- ActiveMQ troubleshooting/knowledge
- Experience in scientific data processing MATLAB, R, SciPy, data visualization, statistics, time series analysis, and analytical science in general
- Test automation
- Familiar with JUnit testing