- Assist with design and assembly of platforms for underwater instruments such as cameras, sonars, and current meters.
- Help prepare for Installation cruises.
- Source materials/parts and obtain multiple quotes for each.
- Assist in consolidation of inventory.
- Provide incoming inspection of materials against the ONC quality requirements.
- Document engineering specifications of instruments.
- Create mechanical parts using hand tools and manual machine tools.
- Service and maintain mechanical machines including underwater instrumentation.
- Prepare special report on one aspect of their work term.
- Assist the operations support team with shipping/receiving duties.
- Other tasks as required.
Job knowledge requirements:
- Ability to use 3D CAD software.
- Experience with Solid Works an asset.
- Able to create mechanical parts using hand tools and manual machine tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and computational communication skills.
- Documentation skills/experience an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- Previous maritime experience an asset.
- Must be self motivate.
The ideal candidate will be a junior undergraduate in Mechanical Engineering Technology or have the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a 4 month term position located at ONC's Marine Technology Centre in Sidney, BC.
Friday, October 4, 2019 - 08:00
Friday, October 18, 2019 - 16:00