Board of Directors
Ocean Networks Canada is guided by a board of directors made up of respected leaders from industry, Canadian and US universities, and provincial and federal governments. Board members bring an impressive breadth of knowledge and experience to their role, which is to govern and manage both the national research facility and its commercialization wing, the Ocean Networks Canada Innovation Centre.
- David Castle, Vice President of Research, University of Victoria
- Denis D’Amours, Former Director, Canadian Hydrographic Service, the Pacific Region
- Darcy Dobell, Founder and Principal Consultant, the Wabe
- David Fissel, Chair and Senior Scientist, ASL Environmental Sciences Inc.
- Tom Gallagher, President, Galant Investments Corp.
- Gayle Gorrill, Vice President Finance & Operations, University of Victoria
- Susan Kennedy, Vice President, Corporate Services, C-CORE- Inc
- Don Krusel, President and CEO, Prince Rupert Port Authority
- Christopher Loomis, Former Vice-President of Research, Memorial University
- Peter Madden, Higher Education & Research, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Larry Mayer, Director, Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping, University of New Hampshire
- Kate Moran, President & CEO, Ocean Networks Canada
- Jim Roche, Board Chair, President and CEO of Stratford Managers Corporation
- Beverly Van Ruyven, Former Deputy CEO and Executive Vice-President, BC Hydro
- Wes Shoemaker, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Environment, Province of British Columbia
International Science Advisory Board
Ocean Networks Canada has added further to its international strength and links by the appointment of a twelve-member International Science Advisory Board made up of highly respected senior ocean scientists drawn from the United States, the UK, Japan, Australia and Canada. The Board met for the first time in June 2011 and meets twice a year. The Board's mandate is to provide strategic advice and guidance to help ensure that Ocean Networks Canada achieves its research vision, mission and goals in the context of international developments in ocean research.
International Science Advisory Board Members
- Jack Barth, Executive Director, Marine Studies Initiative, Oregon State University
- Kendra Daly, Board Chair, Professor, Biological Oceanography, University of South Florida
- Steven D’Hondt, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Paolo Favali, Research Director, Instituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV)
- Jacqueline Grebmeier, Research Professor, University of Maryland
- Bruce Howe, Research Professor, Ocean and Resources Engineering, University of Hawaii
- David Martin, Director of Strategy and Special Programs, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington
- Henry Ruhl, Associate Head, Ocean Biogeochemistry & Ecosystems, National Oceanography Centre, UK
- Masanao Shinohara, Center for Geophysical Observation and Instrumentation Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo
- John Trowbridge, Director, Center for Ocean, Seafloor and Marine Observing Systems, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Frank Vernon, Research Geophysicist, Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Huaiyang Zhou, Professor, School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University