International Science Advisory Board
ONC has added further to its international strength and linkages by the appointment of an eleven-member International Science Advisory Board made up of highly respected senior ocean scientists drawn from the United States, the UK, Japan, Australia and Canada. The Board met for the first time in June 2011 and will meet twice a year. The Board's mandate is to provide strategic advice and guidance to help ensure that ONC achieves its research vision, mission and goals in the context of international developments in ocean research.
- Mark Abbott - Dean, College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences at OSU
- Susan Avery - President and Director of WHOI
- Marcel Babin - Canada Excellence Research Chair in Remote Sensing of Canada's New Arctic Frontier, Université Laval
- Kendra Daly - Associate Professor, College of Marine Science, U of South Florida
- Bruce Howe - Research Professor at Ocean and Resources Engineering, U of Hawaii
- David Martin - Associate Director and Principal Oceanographer, APL-UW
- Tim Moltmann - Director of Integrated Marine Observing System
- Henry Ruhl - Project Manager, National Oceanography Centre, UK.
- Kiyoshi Suyehiro - President of Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP)
- Frank Vernon - Deputy Director, OOI Cyberinfrastructure Program which is under Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UCSD
- Bob Weller - PI for the Global and Coastal Scale Nodes at WHOI