The Observatory Systems Manager oversees and participates in the installation, implementation, administration, maintenance, ongoing status and performance monitoring and support of operating systems, networking systems, third party applications systems such as relational database management systems, caching systems, messaging systems including the hardware, software, and networking components at the ONC data centres, shore stations and cabled observatories. System responsibilities include conducting systems analysis and troubleshooting, design and development, completing systems integration, investigating hardware, software, data communications, and service innovations for user suitability. Management responsibilities include analyzing project objectives and scope, estimating costs and staffing requirements, developing project work plans, monitoring and directing activities of team members and providing a high level of consulting and training services by maintaining current knowledge of new developments.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
This position requires an undergraduate degree in computer science plus minimum 8 years of experience in at least two of the following: database monitoring; Linux system administration, data storage, ethernet networking, RDBMSs.
- Unix (Linux), system administration
- Database experience including: basic administration of RDBMSs such as Oracle, MySQL and NoSQL database such as Cassandra
- Apache web server installation, configuration and maintenance, including components such as Tomcat application server and OSGi modules
- Basic Windows administration
- Design and configuration of new hardware and software
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills
- Experience with financial/budget administration
- Proven track record achieving project goals on time and produce deliverables of a high quality
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory skills in a team environment.
For more information about this position, please click on the link below or open the Job Poster.