It’s easy and free. You can participate in, access, and use Ocean Networks Canada's observatories in several ways. Anyone can browse, download and use the open data from the NEPTUNE, VENUS, and Arctic observatories for research purposes. To learn how to access data go to the data help and get data pages. Our Staff Scientists are here to help you explore the numerous opportunities and assist you in reaching your research objectives, whether initiating new research programs, joining an existing community of engaged scientists, or preparing a new research proposal. If you are a teacher, graduate student or supervisor and wish to access our systems for educational purposes, our Learning and Education section can assist you with a range of honours, undergraduate, and graduate level projects that, under your supervisions and with the support of our staff scientists, can be completed with minimal to no cost.
Other ways to get involved
- Join one of our research teams spanning a wide range of disciplinary themes or active research topics.
- Join an existing Working Group (or suggest new ones).
- Consider submitting a short proposal for Enhance In-kind Observatory Support.
- Participate in one of our offshore expeditions.
- Work with us to prepare a new proposed project on one of the observatories.
- Propose or participate in a special theme-focused workshop.
For additional information, contact one of our staff scientists.