Reporting to the Manager Business Operations, the Systems Administrator Support position is a part of the ONC Corporate Operations team, which is comprised of the Human Resources, Information Technology, Project Management, and Strategic Partnerships units. As a member of the Information Technology team, this position works under the direction of the Systems Administrator to assist in architecting new systems as required by ONC science and engineering staff. The Systems Administrator Support position receives notifications from ONC staff regarding IT operational issues for follow-up. User computing set up, support and training is also provided by this position. As a technological innovator, ONC utilizes Virtual and Cloud computing and adopts innovative new technologies, which requires the System Administrator position to develop and maintain their knowledge of new technologies and high performance computing.
This position may be required to respond to operational computing issues outside of regular office hours, which are Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and minimum of 3-5 years of closely related experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Experience must include MS Windows, and OSX and Linux system administration, with special emphasis on:
- Server 2012, 2016, OSX server and Linux server
- VMware, VSphere, Horizon view, ESXi and Hyper v technologies as well as cloud technologies
- VeeaM back up
- Networking configuration, in-host routing between different subnets
- Firewalls and ACL’s
- Hardware / software inventory control
- Account / User management
- Client Computing platforms including desktops, laptops, tablets, and printers
- Computer hardware architectures (CPU, RAM, Storage, Network)
- Audiovisual teleconferencing
- Samba server configuration and maintenance
- Scripting languages such as Perl, windows powershell and/or Scripting Bash
- Knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures
- Network monitoring systems and SNMP
- Productivity tools such as MS Office, including outlook and resource calendars
This position requires a valid class 5 driver’s license.