Board of Directors
Ocean Networks Canada is guided by a board of directors made up of respected leaders from industry, Canadian and US universities, and provincial and federal governments. Board members bring an impressive breadth of knowledge and experience to their role, which is to govern and manage both the national research facility and its commercialization wing, the Ocean Networks Canada Innovation Centre.
Vice President of Research, University of Victoria
Chair, Strategy and Partnerships Committee
Founder and Principal Consultant, The Wabe
- Gayle Gorrill, Vice President Finance & Operations, University of Victoria
- Robert Haydock, President and CEO of AML Oceanographic
Chair, Finance and Audit Committee
Vice President, Corporate Services, C-CORE Inc
Former President and CEO, Prince Rupert Port Authority
Chair, Board of Directors
Former Vice-President of Research, Memorial University
Higher Education & Research, IBM Canada Ltd.
Chair, Commercialization Committee
Director, Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping, University of New Hampshire
President & CEO, Ocean Networks Canada
Chair, Governance and Human Resources Committee
President and CEO of Stratford Managers Corporation
President, Winteck Consulting Inc.
- Mark Zacharias, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Environment, Province of British Columbia
Owner, Trestle Networks Inc.
Executive Director, US Arctic Research Commission
International Science Advisory Board
Ocean Networks Canada has added further to its international strength and links by the appointment of a twelve-member International Science Advisory Board made up of highly respected senior ocean scientists drawn from the United States, the UK, Japan, Australia, China and Canada. The Board met for the first time in June 2011 and meets twice a year. The Board's mandate is to provide strategic advice and guidance to help ensure that Ocean Networks Canada achieves its research vision, mission and goals in the context of international developments in ocean research.
International Science Advisory Board Members
- Philippe Archambault, Professor, Laval University
- Jack Barth, Executive Director, Marine Studies Initiative, Oregon State University
- Kendra Daly, Professor, Biological Oceanography, University of South Florida
- Steven D’Hondt, Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Paolo Favali, Research Director, Instituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV)
- Jacqueline Grebmeier, Research Professor, University of Maryland
- Emilio Mayorga, Oceanographer and Data Manager, Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington
- Henry Ruhl, Board Chair, Associate Head, Ocean Biogeochemistry & Ecosystems, National Oceanography Centre, UK
- Masanao Shinohara, Center for Geophysical Observation and Instrumentation Earthquake Research Institute, University of Tokyo
- John Trowbridge, Senior Scientist, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Frank Vernon, Research Geophysicist, Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
- Huaiyang Zhou, Professor, School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University