Reporting to the Finance Team Leader, the Accounting Coordinator is responsible for supporting the accounting and financial planning and reporting for Ocean Networks Canada (ONC). The position plays a key role in providing timely accounting services to the members of ONC, and provides interpretation and advice to ONC budget managers on UVic and ONC accounting policies, practices and procedures.
Under the direction of the Finance Team Leader, responsibilities include preparation of financial reports and variance analysis, budget tracking and maintenance, accounts receivable, transaction and expense reconciliation, reviewing and maintaining budget forecasts, salary reallocations and risk management support.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of accounting and finance experience is required including financial analysis and planning, accounting transaction processing, budgeting, and financial report preparation.
- Knowledge of UVic Finance and Purchasing policies and procedures would be considered an asset
- Experience working with UVic accounting and finance systems (FAST) is an asset.
- Experience working with large research projects is an asset.
- Accounting Technician Certificate or at least first year standing in a recognized accounting program.
- Completion of a 2 year accounting program is preferred.
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards, financial controls, and their application to financial accounting and reporting.