The Corporate Services division supports the operations of the organization including Human Resources, Facilities, Information Technology, and Project Management, and conducts activities in support of ONC’s strategic priorities.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant HR and Facilities, supports the effective and efficient operations of the Corporate Services office, by providing administrative support to the Corporate Services team. This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for Human Resources, office administration and facilities management. This position will also provide surge support to the ONC reception desk and event planning as required and coverage for other ONC Administrative Assistants during absences and vacations performing duties of a similar complexity and payband level.
- Ability to manage multiple demands, interruptions and deadlines, problem-solve and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative to organize a very heavy and varied workload in order to meet competing critical deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional administrative skills including meeting and calendar coordination.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well and work effectively within a team environment, as well as the larger UVic community and external agencies.
- Experience in effectively maintaining the confidentiality of highly personal and sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and resolve tasks and/or problems by exercising judgement and innovation, and employing critical thinking and/or analysis.
- Ability to take initiative and improve processes where possible
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict and often emergent deadlines
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to occasionally expected to lift, bend, reach, push and carry a weight up to 25 lbs (approx. 11 kgs)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of corporate administration and/or Human Resources administrative experience preferably in an academic, research or scientific-based complex work environment
- Strong customer service background and experience in dealing with highly sensitive, and confidential issues is essential
- Experience with UVic policies and procedures desirable