- Assist with testing, planning, and preparing instrumentation for installation.
- Review electronic specs and schematics from manufacturers to validate and qualify instrumentation for the underwater network.
- Functionally test incoming instrumentation and document test data by entering into Data Management and Archiving System (DMAS).
- Assist with troubleshooting recovered instrumentation for failure analysis.
- Document and test incoming fibre optic cables.
- Repair and maintain test equipment and build test cables.
- of inventory against the ONC quality requirements.
- Assist the operations support team with shipping/receiving duties.
- Help prepare for maintenance expeditions.
- Assist in consolidation of inventory.
- Provide incoming inspection Prepare special report on one aspect of their work term.
- Other tasks as required.
Job knowledge requirements:
- Ability to analyze electronics schematics.
- Able to utilize advanced lab test equipment and solder.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and computational communication skills.
- Documentation skills/experience an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- Previous maritime experience an asset.
- Must be self motivated.
The ideal candidate will be a junior undergraduate in Electronics Engineering Technology or have the equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a 4 month term position located at ONC's Marine Technology Centre in Sidney, BC.
Friday, October 4, 2019 - 08:00
Friday, October 18, 2019 - 16:00