The Marine Operations department supports all aspects of design, planning, maintenance and expansion of the underwater network and instrumentation. The Electronics Engineering Technologist will provide essential support to the Operations group during the upcoming busy installation/maintenance cruise season.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with testing, planning, and preparing instrumentation for installation.
- Review electronic specs and schematics from manufacturers to validate and qualifyinstrumentation for the underwater network.
- Functionally test incoming instrumentation and document test data by entering into Data Management and Archiving System (DMAS).
- Assist with troubleshooting recovered instrumentation for failure analysis.
- Document and test incoming fibre optic cables.
- Repair and maintain test equipment and build test cables of inventory against the ONC quality requirements.
- Assist the operations support team with shipping/receiving duties.
- Help prepare for maintenance expeditions.
- Assist in consolidation of inventory.
- Provide incoming inspection Prepare special report on one aspect of their work term.
Job knowledge requirements:
- Ability to analyze electronics schematics.
- Able to utilize advanced lab test equipment and solder.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and computational communication skills.
- Documentation skills/experience an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Forklift certification an asset.
- Previous maritime experience an asset.
- Must be self motivated.
The ideal candidate will be a junior undergraduate in Electronics Engineering Technology or have the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This is a 4 month term position
- The Electronics Engineering Technologist will be based at the Ocean Networks Canada Marine Technology Center located at 9865 West Saanich Road, Sidney, BC.
Start Date: May 4, 2021
End Date: August 27, 2021
To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to Marja Blasé at email@example.com, other methods will not be accepted.