The Corporate Services division supports the operations of the organization including Human Resources, Facilities, and Information Technology, and conducts activities in support of ONC’s strategic priorities. Reporting to the Front Desk Supervisor, the Front Desk Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact at the Queenswood facility and the face of Ocean Networks Canada (ONC). This position supports the effective and efficient operations of ONC by providing reception and facility services, meeting and event coordination, and general organization and administrative support. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is responsible for creating a positive impression with all contacts through the shared management of the reception area and the timely and professional response to all inquiries and bookings.
Responsibilities include responding to front counter requests, providing parking information, scheduling and preparation of meetings, coordination support for special events, conferences, and workshops, records management and inventory management of program supplies and conference swag.
- 2-3 years in an reception or administrative role, preferably in an academic, research or scientific-based complex work environment
- Strong customer service background and experience in dealing with highly sensitive, and confidential issues is desirable
- Special event coordination experience is preferred
- Experience with UVic policies and procedures desirable
- Knowledge of front desk or reception service
- Advanced level of computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications