Reporting to the Front Desk Supervisor, the Front Desk Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact at the Queenswood facility and the face of Ocean Networks Canada (ONC). This position supports the effective and efficient operations of ONC by providing reception and facility services, meeting and event coordination, and administrative support to the Corporate services department as requested. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is responsible for creating a positive impression with all contacts through the shared management of the reception area and the timely and professional response to all inquiries and booking requests. Responsibilities include support HR Admin and Corporate Services in recruitment activities including scheduling interviews, preparing interview materials, administrative support to the co-op program, on boarding and off boarding of new staff and co-ops responding to front counter requests, providing parking information, scheduling and preparation of meetings, coordination support for special events, conferences, and workshops, records management and inventory management of program supplies and conference swag. This position will also provide support to the other ONC Administrative Assistants as required (surge support, vacation and other absences) performing duties of a similar complexity and payband level.
2-3 years in a reception or administrative role, preferably in an academic, research or scientific-based complex work environment.
Related experience should include:
- Experience in effectively maintaining the confidentiality of highly personal and sensitive information.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in special event coordination.
- Experience with UVic information systems, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of front desk or reception service.
- Advanced level of computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
- Adobe Suite experience would be an asset.
- Exceptional administrative skills including meeting and calendar coordination.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for relating effectively and collaboratively with staff.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to employ excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and resolve tasks and/or problems by exercising judgement and innovation, and employing critical thinking and/or analysis.
- Exhibit a professional manner and have the ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple demands, interruptions and deadlines, problem-solve and maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and improve processes where possible.
- Move equipment up to 25 lbs.