Launched during spring 2020 when schools were closed due to COVID-19, this web page includes resources to connect classes and families to the big blue: the ocean! This page will be updated periodically with new activities, labs, instructional videos and webinars. View additional Educator Resources.
NEW: #SciLit Week Registration - Beach ID with ONC
Join us to learn about the biodiversity of the organisms in and around the Salish Sea on Canada’s west coast! Our virtual, interactive presentation will help you #knowtheocean. These sessions are open to families and educators with their middle school classes. Each session is the same, so please register for just one time! More information about the offering can be found on the Science Literacy Week website here.
- Tuesday, September 22, 10:00am - 11:00am FULL!
- Tuesday, September 22, 11:30am - 12:30pm register here
Ocean Networks Canada Fall Webinar Series!
Register for our free bi-weekly fall webinar series starting 7 October 2020. Topics include earthquake preparedness, indigenous engagement, underwater noise, expedition highlights and more. View recordings of our summer webinar series here.
Have fun with hands-on activities designed for K-12 students that can be easily facilitated by parents or teachers. The activities contain data and/or video footage from ONC observatories and aligns with the B.C. Curriculum Content.
Explore laboratory exercises for a post-secondary audience that contain ONC data and footage.
Here are some ideas so that you can further engage with our #knowtheocean community. Become a citizen scientist by analyzing deep-sea videos using our Digital Fishers on-line game, or challenge yourself and learn how to search Ocean Networks Canada's wealth of ocean data and video archive.
Connect With Us!
Resources from Our Partners
- Check out the oceanography resource created in partnership between Actua and Ocean Networks Canada
- Enjoy watching the Discover Passage Aquarium video series
- Canadian Network for Ocean Education (CaNOE) is compiling some great ocean resources
- Have fun with activities and videos with LIVE.IT
- Previous episodes of #BMSCLive with the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre (BMSC) are availble to you