While many of us transition to working and learning from home during this extraordinary time, we invite you to dive into Ocean Networks Canada’s continuous real time data and online offerings. Whether you are a parent or teacher with kids at home, an undergraduate student studying the ocean, or an ocean enthusiast with time to spare, we have something for everyone.
K-12 and Post Secondary Learning Resources
Watch for new Learning from Home content including activities, labs, instructional videos, and webinars. Other existing resources:
- Learn all about how hydrothermal vent communities have adapted to life in the deepest darkest part of our ocean through this grade 6 – 7 learning resource. And out how this unique habitat became Canada’s first marine protected area here.
- Check out our hands-on activities developed in partnership with Girl Guides of Canada to learn all about the seven principles of ocean literacy. Share your learning using #knowtheocean.
- Search additional Educational Resources for K-12, post-secondary, and teachers.
Lifelong Learning and Citizen Science
- Become a citizen scientist by analyzing deep-sea videos using our on-line game, or challenge yourself and learn how to search Ocean Networks Canada’s wealth of ocean data and video archive.
- Enjoy a variety of video, imagery and sounds from the deep!
- As always, we will continue to share more #knowtheocean videos, links and resources over our social channels over the next few weeks, so be sure to check out our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn channels.
Other Online Science-at-home Resources
- World Oceans Day resources
- NOAA is hosting webinars for school age children
- Canadian Network for Ocean Education (CaNOE) online learning resources
- MBARI's Science at Home: Curriculum and resources
If you have any questions about Learning resources, please contact a member of our team.