The Operations Support team works in support of, and collaboration with, the Testing and Development and Field Services units who are engaged in the installation, maintenance and repair of ONC’s observatories. As a member of the Operations Support unit the Operations Support Co-op will report to the Operations Support Manager (OSM) and will be assisting in the daily operations of the support needs of Ocean Networks Canada at the Marine Technology Centre.
The Marine Operations department supports all aspects of design, planning, maintenance and expansion of the underwater network and instrumentation. The Operations Support Co-op will provide essential support to the Operations group during the upcoming busy installation/maintenance cruise season.
The Operations Support Co-op will:
- Play an important role in the revamping of our inventory control system
- Assist with shipping and receiving duties
- Assist with assembling and packing supplies for various field operations
- Assist in consolidation of inventory.
- Prepare a specialreport on one aspect of their work term.
- Other tasks as required.
Job knowledge requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and computational communication skills.
- Documentation skills/experience an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Forklift certification is an asset.
- Previous maritime experience is an asset.
- Must be self motivated.
This is a 4 month term position. The Operations Support Co-op will be based at the Ocean Networks Canada Marine Technology Center located at 9865 West Saanich Road, Sidney, BC.
Start Date: May 4, 2021
End Date: Aug 27, 2021
To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, other methods of applying will not be accepted.