The Project Management Office (PMO) provides project support services to ONC projects utilizing internationally recognized standards and guidelines on project management to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, of high quality, and in compliance with project and contract requirements. The Project Management staff utilizes an established project management methodology, software system, processes and templates to support the delivery of projects, serving as intermediaries between the client(s), stakeholders and the matrixed ONC project team. Project Management staff work closely with ONC's principal investigators to successfully deliver a variety of innovative, leading edge projects of varying size, complexity (e.g. nature and number of tasks involved), risk (e.g. financial, reputational), value (up to $9M), and duration (1 to 5 years), with sometimes multiple and/or international clients and stakeholders (e.g. researchers, institutions, government departments and corporations).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marine Sciences or a related field.
- Three years’ experience of successfully leading project teams from initiation to close.
- Experience should include a variety of multi-million dollar projects of high complexity and/or risk.
- Leadership of multidisciplinary project teams
- Management of budgetary and financial resources in project delivery.
- Developing reports for obtaining critical data and establishing and evaluating metrics.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles and methodology.
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems, principles and practices.
- Proficient in MS Project, or other similar project management software, MS Office Suite of products, collaboration platforms, etc.
- Knowledge of marine equipment and infrastructure.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and/or experience may be considered.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your qualifications to: https://uvic.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/5069. The deadline for applications is July 9, 2019 at 4:00pm.