The workshop, co-sponsored by Dalhousie University and Ocean Networks Canada, provided researchers and students with hands-on training in accessing and visualizing data from the NEPTUNE Canada and VENUS undersea observatories. Workshop participants discussed current and future observatory research in the areas of benthic ecology, benthic boundary layer dynamics, water column studies, modeling of physical and biological processes and acoustic monitoring of bedform dynamics. The workshop was held 13-14 November 2012, at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada.
Major objectives for the workshop were to:
- Engage with current researchers, including students
- Provide hands-on training in observatory data access and data visualization
- Receive input and suggestions on data access and data products
- Review progress in benthic ecology research using the NEPTUNE Canada and VENUS cabled networks
- Coordinate future research activities and develop strategic funding options for observatory research activities.