The year-end is a fine time to reflect on highlights from the past twelve months in ocean science, technology and learning at Ocean Networks Canada.
In the December 2014 newsletter, we hope you’ll enjoy some of our favorite stories:
- Wiring the Abyss 2014: following expeditions in the North East Pacific, Salish Sea, and Arctic Ocean.
- Science: from monitoring methane bubbles to whalebones on the seafloor to forensic experiments with pigs
- Observing orcas: a summer-long experiment
- Smart Ocean™: leveraging the ocean observatories for public safety, marine safety and environmental monitoring
- “Reaching Blue”: real people sharing real stories about ocean acidification in this Salish Sea documentary
- Ocean Sense: linking schools to our community observatories with a new science program
- Technology: award winning partner AML Oceanographic Inc.
- Oceans 2.0: now providing data from coast to coast to coast
- BC Ferries: hosting mobile observatory systems for science
- Girl Guides: making a splash with the new “Ocean Aware” challenge
Joyeuses Fêtes et Bonne Année 2015!